Sorted Design Studio also trades as: Sorted Design Agency, Sorted Design International, Sorted Design, Uitstalling.co.za and The Ink Fish Print [theinkfish.co.za] for which this policy also applies.
- Our policy complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and except in the circumstances below, we do not share, sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website or otherwise.
2. Personal and Special Information
3. As defined in the Act we may collect, use, store and transfer personal information that you. This can include the following:
- Information about your identity, contact information, payment information, technical information, usernames and passwords. Any consents to receiving marketing material.
- Included is also information for research and statistical purposes.
- We do not collect any special personal information about you, however if in certain circumstance there is a lawful basis to do so we will collect this information.
4. Refusal to provide us with Information
In circumstances where you refuse to provide us with information that is required by us to perform the service or provide the product to you for purposes of the contract, we will have to terminate our services, and notify you.
5. Processing of information on our e-commerce store
- For purposes of concluding the contract that you have agreed to by accepting our terms and conditions we will verify your identity for security purposes, sell products to you, provide you with our services.
- By virtue of our contractual relationship, we will also provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website.
- All information that you provide to us in course of the contract will continue to be processed by us, until the contract terminates, or if you have consented to receiving further information from us until unsubscribed.
- Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including [job opportunities and] our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
- If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time, pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
- We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at email@example.com. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
7. Lawful Interest to process information
We can process information that we have a lawful interest to process. However, we consider the safety of processing of the information to you or otherwise. Administrative reasons, protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party, insuring against, or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage risk. Or when there is a cause for protecting your interests.
8. Sharing information
- It remains your responsibility to ensure that the information you share on our website may be shared. This specifically relates to comments, tags, reviews etc.
- Information shared in this fashion may be used by our company and processed.
- to track how you use our website.
- to keep you signed-in on our website.
- To generally gather website user behaviour
- Browsing activity
- Geographical information
You hereby consent to our company using third parties to re-market services by allowing us to provide advertisements of our products or services.
11. Third-party advertising
Our company policy allows for third parties to market on our website from time to time. You hereby indemnify and hold us harmless in the event that a third party company uses your information in contradiction to Act.
12. Information processed outside South Africa
Our websites may be hosted in a country other than South Africa. We may also use outsourced services in countries outside South Africa from time to time and your information may be processed outside South Africa.
13. Access to personal information
- At any time, you may review or update personal information by either amending your details in your account or contacting us.
- Any request for the removal or amendment of information may be directed to our information officer who will ensure that your information is removed or updated on our database.
- It however, remains your responsibility to inform us of any information that must be updated or removed.
14. Information of Children
- Our products or services are not for sale for children or minors under the age of 18.
15. Encryption of data
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
- We use reputable third party applications and companies to store and secure client information where needed and applicable.
- Such companies may include: Google.com, Dropbox.com, Sage.com, Wetransfer.com and apple.com and xneelo.co.za. Their respective Privacy Policies may be accessed on their respective websites.
- Our computers are password protected by Apple.com
- Any complaints that you may have about how your information has been processed by our company must be directed to our information officer.
- All complaints will be attended to within a reasonable time.
- Should any complaint not be resolved it may be referred for mediation.
17. Data Retention
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested.
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities.
- to support a claim or defence in court.
- archives may be kept of ‘no-contact’ list in order to for us to know not to make contact.
This policy may be updated and amended from time to time. The latest version will be available on our website for you to view.
You agree that this privacy notice, our relationship and any dispute of whatsoever nature relating to or arising out of this privacy notice whether directly or indirectly, shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principle of conflict of laws.
You agree that we may, at any time, transfer, cede, delegate or assign any or all of our rights and obligations under this privacy notice without your consent. We will notify you if we transfer, cede, delegate or assign any rights or obligations to a third party, but we do not have to notify you if we transfer, cede, delegate or assign any rights or obligations to any of our affiliates or to any person which acquires all or part of our business and/or assets. We may also sub-contract our obligations without your consent and we do not have to notify you if we sub-contract any of our obligations.
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this privacy notice shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Each provision of this privacy notice, and each part of any provision, is removable and detachable from the others. As far as the law allows, if any provision of this privacy notice, or part of a provision, is found by a court or authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable (including, without limitation, because such provision is inconsistent with the laws of another jurisdiction), it must be treated as if it was not included in this privacy notice and the rest of this privacy notice will still be valid and enforceable.
20. Information Officer
An information officer has been appointed to act on behalf of our company. All queries and complaints may be directed to him or her at firstname.lastname@example.org